Thursday, August 6, 2009

Alumnus Receives National RXPortfolio Award

Michael Bandy, a 2009 Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences graduate from Winter Haven, Fla. is the selected as a recipient of the 2009 Pharmacy (RX) Portfolio National Achievement Award.

According to RX Insider, winners are carefully selected by a RXportfolio Selection Committee and Bandy was selected based on his exceptional RXportfolio submission as well as his outstanding achievements. As a recipient, Bandy will be honored by receiving extensive recognition and exposure with pharmacy industry professionals as well as national recognition on the RXportfolios website.

Bandy was selected to receive this award out of more than 9,000 RXportfolio applicants, based on his content, quality of writing and overall achievements professionally displayed within his RXportfolio.

Bandy said, “When I was notified that I was selected as a recipient of the 2009 RXportolios National Achievement Award, I was ecstatic! I view this as one of my most notable professional accomplishments to be chosen from a pool of some 9,000 candidates nationwide to receive this prestigious award. I humbly receive this award, and I give recognition to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am very excited to represent FAMU on such an esteemed platform. I will use this recognition to encourage others to be diligent in all that they do throughout their Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences. I am grateful to FAMU for giving me this highly visible opportunity to put my talents and gifts on display.”

“We are proud that a FAMU graduate’s portfolio was selected as one of the best in the U.S. two years in a row. Just last year in 2008, we recognized alumnus Denisha Carty for winning the same award. This exemplifies the consistent quality of students that FAMU produces,” said Henry Lewis III, dean and professor of FAMU’s College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.

RXportfolios, RX Insider, LTD, located in West Warwick, RI, is a communications and software development firm focused on the development of portfolios for the pharmacy profession and schools of pharmacy. RXportfolios are professional, detailed and lifelong portfolios used to organize one’s entire professional history from their first professional year until retirement.

No comments: