Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SGA President Elected Florida Student Association President


Florida A&M University (FAMU) Student Government Association President (SGA) Gallop Franklin II was recently elected as the Florida Student Association (FSA) chairman and correlating position with the Florida Board of Governors.

Franklin, who is a member of the men's golf team, is the third FAMU SGA president to serve as FSA president and the first to serve on the Florida Board of Governors.

“I am just really excited and humbled to serve the students in Florida,” said Franklin, a fifth-year doctorate of pharmacy candidate from Tallahassee, Fla. “I’m passionate and committed.”

The influential statewide advocacy organization is composed of the student body presidents of the state universities and their respective staffs. FSA represents more than 300,000 students in the State University System.

A third-generation Rattler, Franklin, 22, was elected as the freshman class president and was re-elected as sophomore class president. After his two-year class presidency, he was elected as a student senator, where he served a two-year term.

“When I was told the news, I was ecstatic,” said Dean Henry Kirby, associate vice president for Student Life. “I was happy for Gallop and the university. I know he will be able to do a lot of great things. He has natural leadership abilities. I am really proud of him and I think there are great things to come from him.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gallop is a true and humble leader with an outstanding spirit. Keep up the good work, Brother Franklin.

Anonymous said...

Hello, yup this post is genuinely good and I have leaгnеd lot of things fгοm іt геgаrding bloggіng.

thanks.

Cheсκ out my wеb page - ϺinteԁPoker Οffer ()

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't havе a dοnаte button!
I'd without a doubt donate to this fantastic blog! I guess for now i'll settle fοr book-mаrkіng
and aԁding your RSЅ fеed to my Goοgle aсcount.
I loοk foгward to new updates and will share thiѕ wеbsite with
mу Facebооk grouρ. Talκ soon!



my blog :: MintedPοkеr Prοmotіons - -

Anonymous said...

You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you
who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.


Also visit my blog post Online Poker