Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MBA Student will Appear on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire


Florida A&M University (FAMU) MBA student Gabrielle McMahan will be a contestant on the “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” hot seat with guest host Steve Harvey on Friday, April 16. Meredith Vieira normally hosts the show. “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” can be seen in the Tallahassee area on WTXL (ABC), weekdays at 12:30 p.m.

“FAMU prepared me for this show simply by the way I presented myself and how I showed the casting people that I would be the person for the show,” said McMahon, 22, a Springfield, Va. native.

McMahon is in her last year in the MBA program. With the tough economy, she is anticipating that it might be difficult to find a job, so she is hoping that a big win in the “Millionaire hot seat” will help relieve the pressure.

After graduation, she wants to get a degree in baking and pastry arts at a culinary school. Gabrielle said that if she wins big on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” she will pay for culinary school, save money for a bakery and buy a new van for her 75- year-old grandmother.

In 2008, McMahon also appeared on the Jeopardy! College Championship show.

“I just see the opportunity,” McMahon said about her appearances on the game shows. “I watch them and think, ‘I can get on that.’ When the opportunity arose, I took it. It was fun and a great way to win some money.”

No comments: